VMware Cloud Community
mac7819
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCSA6 Revert to Current Snapshot issue/bug?

Just installed VCSA6, and have noticed a peculiar issue regarding Revert to Current Snapshot.  Basically, Revert to Current Snapshot is NOT greyed out and is selectable for all of my VM's including the VCSA.  However, there are NO snapshots that have actually been created.  If I open snapshot manager, no snapshots show for any of the VM's.  If I browse storage, there are no snapshot files for any of the VM's.  If I choose Revert to Current Snapshot, it pops up the standard message saying state will be lost and then it completes, but nothing actually happens to the VM. I can create new snaptshots and they appear to work properly and display in snapshot manager and the files are visible in storage. Also, if I logon to the ESXI host directly, Revert to Current Snapshot is greyed out as it should be.

What I have tried:

rebooted VCSA

removed VMs from inventory and readded

removed ESXI host from inventory and re-added

taken a snapshot of VM, then remove snapshot

taken a snapshot of VM, then consolidate

Is this a bug with VCSA6? Is this normal?  I installed the latest version from VMware.

Revert to Current snapshot shows as available:

snapshot1.JPG

No Snapshot listed in snapshot manger:

snapshot2.JPG

No snapshot files that I can see:

snapshot3.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mac7819
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok it is a bug,  don't know why I didn't google first as the KB is literaly the first result from a search and is word for word exactly what my issue is.

VMware KB: In VMware vCenter Server 6.0 the vSphere Client displays Revert to Current Snapshot as en...

please close this

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mac7819
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok it is a bug,  don't know why I didn't google first as the KB is literaly the first result from a search and is word for word exactly what my issue is.

VMware KB: In VMware vCenter Server 6.0 the vSphere Client displays Revert to Current Snapshot as en...

please close this

0 Kudos