VMware Cloud Community
vadonka
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCSA upgrade 6.7 -> 7.0 failed

Hi!

I try to migrate everything from a 6.7 appliance to a 7.0.

I deployed the new appliance, and follow the migration procedure what i did before with the 6.x appliance when i migrated from windows.

What is working back then its not working now.

No matter what i do the upgrade pre check failed due to SSL certificate mismatch.

However i triple check everything, the certs are all valid. The machine SSL thumbprint match the SSL trust cert. The lookup service cert also match with the machine SSL. All SSL is match and valid. And still i got this error all the time (attached).

I really out of ideias here. Can somebody help me out what the hell is wrong? I attached the logs too.

6 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

7.0 is so new that at this point you're probably best opening a support case with GSS than asking here.

msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

MACHINE_SSL certificate mismatch on 6.7 VCSA is leading to this issue. I suggest you can engage GSS to fix this. We have a KB to correct this manually but I do not encourage if you are not comfortable with certificates or service registrations on vcenter/psc.

Below are the kb for embedded psc and external PSC steps however snapshots of all vcenters and psc's (if linkedmode) in powered off state is mandatory along with backups before trying the steps in the kb

VMware Knowledge Base

VMware Knowledge Base

thanks,

MS

vadonka
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thx, but the issue it seems more complex. Too much time to debuging out. Instead i migrated the distributed switch, disconnect the host from the old system, reconnect to the new, and migrate the network only. Its works nicely. The only issue is i lost the VM folder structure, but thats OK, i can recreate. I think this is far more better than migrate from the old system. It seems many other things messed up so i give up that. I can migrate everything with this method without any downtime. Its only ~150 VM, and 4 hosts. No big deal. Its a little handwork for sure.

0 Kudos
vadonka
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

On the other hand GSS not an option this time. Because the coronavirus i cant even reach anybody on the support.... I have to do everything by myself.

0 Kudos
ChrisFD2
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It may have been a case of your browser remembering forms, sometimes with these errors it's worth trying another browser or enabling incognito mode. I had similar when deploying SRM.

https://www.chrisdooks.com/2019/07/18/installing-srm-8-2-appliance-error-a-specified-parameter-was-n...

Regards,
Chris
VCIX-DCV 2024 | VCIX-NV 2024 | vExpert 6x | CCNA R&S
0 Kudos
vadonka
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes i tried the incognito mode, not working. But i already migrated everything by hand. Its resolved eventually. Everything is up and running. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos