VMware Cloud Community
mmoran23
Contributor
Contributor

VCSA to VCSA migration tool?

Without going into too much technical detail I was looking for a tool or fling (haven't been able to find one) that could migrate my resources much like the 6.7 upgrade utility. My current config is a 6.5 vCenter in HA with ELM, multi PCS's behind a F5 LB. The migration assistant seems to not work in this current config. Additionally I'd like to simplify this as the external is deprecated. Performance Data isn't important but all the recourses are, Clusters, DVS, etc.

What seems much easier is stand up a new embedded vCenter and just move the resources. Surprised to see this isn't something more folks would use.

Any advise or help is appreciated

Mike

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@mmoran23 

Moderator: Moved to vCenter Server Discussions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
zenmatrix
Contributor
Contributor

You should be able to just upgrade to 6.7 in the current configuration, then do the convergence tool. This is something you should really open an SR for as it has some issues that can arise and you want to work with support with.

0 Kudos
mmoran23
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply!

Issues seem to stem from the VIP for the LB. Was hoping there might have been a migration tool other than the one that's available. There is also some custom certs I'd like to not reuse and the SAML\SSO can still reference those VIP\DNS entries that will no longer be active since that would go away. Seems like my setup is too complex for the migrate utility to take on.

0 Kudos