VMware Cloud Community
hashpete
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCSA install - Unable to save IP settings

Trying to install latest VCSA  7.0.1 trial in lab under VM Workstation but getting "Unable to save IP settings" during the set up phase no matter what I do.

VM is allocated 2 x Intel Core i7-10700, 11.7 GB memory. Its got a static IP and bridged to the local network which has a DNS server which I am confident is working because I can see the lookups and replies.

Wanting to get a lab running for NSX-T 3.0. Relatively new to this.

Thanks.

27 Replies
kgreig
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Latest release doesn't appear to resolve this issue...

kgreig
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

...as I believe that's the version I downloaded on the 15th Dec (version: 7.0.1-17004997).  So this fix still appears valid for now...

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

From the Release Notes that I've posted:
vCenter Server 7.0 Update 1c | 17 DEC 2020 | ISO Build 17327517

André

0 Kudos
billdossett
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I changed the dhcp setting via the shell in the systemd network file...  I then lost my connection to the shell and was unable to shell back into it - went to the console and dcui and tried to turn dhcp back off, tried various thing, finally reset it, when it came back up and I still couldn't get connected via shell, I figured start over, but back to the browser and managment port 5480 and low and behold it continued on.  This is installing under a physical esxi host into a new vsan cluster... just wanted to chip in - Don't give up!

Bill Dossett
0 Kudos
IslamMuhamed
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

for me it is solved when i accessed VCA console and configure the DNS IP then reload the stage 2 installation.

0 Kudos
M_A_Y
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I had the same issue, i removed/deleted the VCSA vm and tried to install with a different iso file whiteout any problem.

0 Kudos
anthill777
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just wanted to say changing DHCP=yes worked for me as well. What a pain, I thought I was going crazy.  Also thank you whoever brought the VI guide out, I was rusty on that as well, one of the things I plan on getting more familiar with, the ssh into vCenter. 

0 Kudos
LewisChavas
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I can confirm, still true today on a fresh 7.0.3

Thanks guys for saving me the efforts

VMware you jokers just fix the **bleep** bug already

0 Kudos