VMware Cloud Community
apolonie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCSA Upgrade from 6.0.0 to 6.7.0-15976714 (U3)

I have run into a problem while attempting to upgrade my vcsa from 6.0.0 to 6.7 U3. I run into the following error: 

apolonie_0-1608314249765.png

I have followed along multiple KB threads to try to locate the issue and am still stuck. After running the Migration tool, I come across this error:

apolonie_1-1608314365366.png

From the migration tool log it looks like it's unable to find a suitable product code? Has anybody solved this issue before? I've checked the compatibility matrices and I should be able to upgrade VCSA 6.0.0 directly to VCSA 6.7 U3. Any advice helps.

Also the actual error ran into on the migration assistant CLI is:

No supported products were found on this machine.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

what exactly are you trying to do? You mention an upgrade from vCSA6.0 to vCSA 6.7, but you also talk about a migration!?
If you are already running the appliance edition (vCSA), then you will have to select "Upgrade" from the wizard.

André

0 Kudos
ianchristopher
Contributor
Contributor

Are you trying to upgrade from a Windows based Vcenter 6.0 to VCSA 6.7 or from VCSA 6.0 to VCSA 6.7 ? 

0 Kudos
Ngetu
Contributor
Contributor

I would really like to get an answer from the original question - as I am trying to upgrade from VCSA 6.0 to VCSA 6.7 and receiving the same error

"The source vCenter Server instance is configured with an external vSphere® Update Manager for Windows. To proceed with the migration/upgrade, run the Migration Assistance on the Update Manager Windows instance, then click Next. The Migration Assistant is located on the vCenter Server Appliance ISO."

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

See whether https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/67375 helps.

André

0 Kudos
Ngetu
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, it worked.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos