after updating VCSA 6.7 to 6.7.0.45000 the VAMI shows me this:

pastedImage_0.png

is that ok ? think this is a bug

6 Replies
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

It seems like a new feature as your vCenter is on 6.7 U3j 'VMware-vCenter-Server-Appliance-6.7.0.45000-16708996-patch-FP.iso'

This vCenter does not support upgrade to 7.0 GA, however supports upgrade to 7.0 U1 due to back in time release restrictions -->VMware Knowledge Base

I hope that helps

0 Kudos
berndweyand
Expert
Expert

no - because when i run the pre-update check it says "this update is incompatible with the current vcenter server version"

ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Seems like it's something that's enabled in latest release 6.7 U3j. It could be something enabled for upcoming upgrades, however I could not find much information about it.

I did come across another user reporting this issue -- > VCSA, upgrade from 6.7 to 7.0?

0 Kudos
berndweyand
Expert
Expert

yes - that matches to my problem. but i would never upgrade vcsa with vami, i would always use the installer from the iso

berndweyand
Expert
Expert

for me the only solution is to not install 7.0 this way. i am on the newest version and wait until the newest 6.7 patch shows up.

when i am able to upgrade to 7.0 i will use the install procedure vmware recommends

0 Kudos
BenLor00
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

By updating the vCenter to version 6.7.0.45100, the 7.0.1 is no longer proposed:

Cattura.PNG

--

Lorenzo

0 Kudos