VMware Cloud Community
jcrisp1
Contributor
Contributor

VCSA 6.7 corrupt

After a recent power outage our VCHA cluster got corrupt.  They would not talk together on vcha network and I lost access to vcsa.  After doing some investigating we did some commands to make the one that had the vcsa IP address for web access (main vcenter IP).  Ran a couple commands to make that vm the primary vcha-reset-primary, then collapse the vcha with vcha-destroy.  We rebooted the remaining vm and it looked like it was going to work.  The VM had two ip address but still nothing.  Can not access anything.  My question is can I just turn this vm off and reinstall vcenter server appliance and add the hosts to the new vcenter then delete the old one? 

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I would not suggest reinstalling if you have DVSwitch, vsan, nsx or other solutions tied up to vcenter

do you have valid VAMI backups?

You can take a snapshot of existing vcsa and remove network card - attach another network card

check the ip address from console using ifconfig or correct the gateway from dcui of vcsa

best regards,

MS

0 Kudos
jcrisp1
Contributor
Contributor

I have a VEEAM backup available.  I have not tried VAMI.  I will try what you suggested. 

0 Kudos