VMware Cloud Community
curriertech
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCSA 6.7 U3 Deploy From Template w/Customization - stuck at Select Networks

Since upgrading from U2 to U3 I'm unable to deploy from a library template if I use a customization spec, it won't go further than the Select Networks screen. 

• Deploying from a datastore template works fine, even when using a customization spec.
  • Deploying from a library template works fine if I don't use a customization spec.
  • I've created a new customization spec (from scratch, not duplicating an existing spec) and the problem persists.
  • This is only an issue in the HTML5 client - everything works fine in the Flash client. 
  • Tested IE 11 and the latest version of Chrome with the same results.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

select_networks.png

customization_spec_network.png

-Josh.
10 Replies
ovmm
Contributor
Contributor

Have the same issue after upgrading from 6.7u2 on 6.7u3.

Is there any solution?

0 Kudos
curriertech
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I haven't found anything useful yet.  It's not critical enough to justify spending the time to open a case so I'm going to live with it until it (hopefully) gets fixed in a future release - at which point they'll break something else, I'm convinced.

-Josh.
ovmm
Contributor
Contributor

It is possible to use a two-step workaround:

1. Deploy a VM from template with the "customize the operating system" option unchecked.

2. Customize just deployed vm using the "guest os -> customize guest os" context menu option

0 Kudos
MikePanichello
Contributor
Contributor

Noticed that when this occurs, there is a yellow triangle in the bottom-left of the UI which reports, "Cannot read property 'map' of undefined."

I've replicated this in two completely fresh-built VCSA environments.

0 Kudos
ovmm
Contributor
Contributor

The problem exists in VCSA version 6.7u3a too

0 Kudos
LambyUK
Contributor
Contributor

We too are now experiencing this exact issue with this exact set of circumstances. We upgraded to U3 from U2, and now we cannot deploy from the library template as we cannot get past the network screen. Will work fine with the older flash client but this cannot be the solution long term! Am going to log a ticket with VMware anyway but interested in keeping tabs on this thread.

0 Kudos
christg
Contributor
Contributor

We have the issue at quebec city , someone have open a support ticket ?

issue start after upgrading from 6.5u2 to 6.7u3 VCSA

vSphere Administrator. 4 Vsphere Cluster 450 Vm 759 Ghz CPU Ressource 8,9 TB Memory ressource
0 Kudos
toonvdd
Contributor
Contributor

We have the same issues after upgrading to U3.

vCenter version = 6.7.0.41000

aafreendawood
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This issue is resolved in

vCenter Appliance 6.7 Update 3b (6.7.0.42000)2019-12-0515132721
jasonboche
Immortal
Immortal

Confirmed solution to this issue.

VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
0 Kudos