VMware Cloud Community
Pharaoh850
Contributor
Contributor

VCSA 6.7 Troubleshooting Failed Logins

First and foremost, to you and all the other VM folks who are smarter than me, I appreciate the wealth of knowledge you bring. I'm not sure if I have collected all the data you would need, but if you need more, please let me know.

I'm, in 6.7, and I'm having a similar issue. Having FOUND the logs that indicate failed logins, I'm still unclear how to troubleshoot them. I can't copy and paste the error since it's on a closed network, but the log files look something like this:

caused by: com.vmware.identity.interop.ldap.InvalidCredentialsLdapException: Invalid credentials.

Things to know:

The Machine SSL certificate is valid.

The vCenter is 6.7, as are all the ESXi hosts.

The vCenter is domain joined.

The vCenter does have the appropriate Identity Source.

Both smartcard AND username/password Active Directory authentication fail.

The vCenter has been disjoined and rejoined AND rebuilt.

What step MAY have been missed:

I'm not sure if the old AD entry was ever deleted or reset prior to rebuilding or rejoining. I'm not 100% certain because we have multiple engineers working multiple projects.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Branched to a new thread from the 6.5 one from 2017 to which you added this comment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos