VMware Cloud Community
Darrellc67
Contributor
Contributor

VCSA 6.5 to 6.7 U3 completes stage 1 but unable to proceed with stage 2

I am attempting to update our vCenter from 6.5 to 6.7 but it is failing as follows:

! The installer is unable to connect to the vCenter Appliance Management interface

i You have successfully Deployed the vCenter Server with an Embedded PSC

Unable to proceed with stage 2 of the deployment process.  Click close to exit the installer

You may attempt to continue with stage 2 by logging in to the appliance at https://172.x.x.x:5480/

First off - I created an DNS host entry and ptr record for the new VCSA server as suggested by a few forums

Secondly when I attempt to connect to the new appliance at the specified address in it does not connect it simply says This page cannot be displayed.

3 different attemps onto various esxi hosts gives the same result.

Any advice appreciated

0 Kudos
4 Replies
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Is the port 5480 open to the new IP address deployed from your local machine?

To isolate the network portion, Keep the jump server, source vcsa and destination VCSA all on same ESXi host and port group whereever possible to ensure the traffic is not going out of the ESXi host and try to upgrade.

thanks,

MS

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

To me it looks like a routing, or port group issue?

Please double-check that the subnet mask, and default gateway are correct for the vCSA's subnet, and that it's connected to the correct port group on the ESXi host. Do you have other VMs on that port group already running, and accessible? If not, verify that the correct VLAN ID (in case you are using VLANs) is set on the port group, and that the physical switch ports are configured properly as well.

André

0 Kudos
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership

Hi,

the computer or server from which the upgrade to vcsa 6.7, vcsa 6.5 is performed and also the Esxi host must have the time synchronized with each other.

You can control?

A.Romeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos
Darrellc67
Contributor
Contributor

Solution!!

After several hours aof wasting time trying to find a solution, it turned out that the problem was Dumb Ass syndrome - the VM network I selected was different - so the new and old VCSA could not communicate!

Thanks all for looking into this for me anyway

0 Kudos