VMware Cloud Community
juodom
Contributor
Contributor

VCSA 6.0 Install Failing with Failed to set network errror

I'm getting the following error on trying to deploy the Appliance from the application, the following version: VMware-VCSA-all-6.0.0-2562643.iso

setnet command failed. Operation "Failed to set network". Details: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/bin/setnet", line 61, in proxy return func(*args, **kwargs) File "/bin/setnet", line 324, in setNetwork disableIPV6() File "/bin/setnet", line 234, in disableIPV6 with codecs.open("/proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/eth0/disable_ipv6", "w") as g: File "/opt/vmware/lib/python2.7/codecs.py", line 878, in open file = __builtin__.open(filename, mode, buffering) IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/eth0/disable_ipv6'

I've tried disabling IPv6 on the target ESXi server, removed the server from the cluster. I've tried deploying via IPv4 both Static and DHCP. We don't have v6 deployed.

Anyone else seen this on install?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ldonzis
Contributor
Contributor

I had the exact same problem.  Tried all sorts of things including installing VCSA 5.5 and upgrading, specifying only one DNS server, using DHCP instead of static IP, etc., etc. and the same error occurred every time.

Eventually,I noticed that it was getting a DHCP address even though it was configured static.

So, on a whim, I shut down the DHCP servers so that it would be unable to get an IP address from them, and then the installation went through ok!

0 Kudos