VMware Cloud Community
MehulParmar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCMS database Jobs Are taking 100% CPU

Hi,

We have two tier architecture for VCMS. Web applicaiton is running on VM Image with 2 GB of RAM and Database server is running with 4 GB of RAM. We have recently upgraded database server from SQL Server 2000 SP4 to SQL Server 2005 SP2. After upgradation when we are running the Roll Up jobs at the database, database server is stop responding and even UI is also hanging. Is it a known issue? Is there anyone who can share his idea to resolve this issue. Our VCMS server is a production server and its really important for us to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Please help.

Regards,

Mehul

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

on the very top level toolbar of your vCente Server to to AdministrationVirtualCenter Server Management ConfigurationLogging Options

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MehulParmar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi All,

Finally I got the answer of the question. Thanks to the VM Ware support. I really appreciate the instant responses.

Below is the link where I found the answers.

http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-3290

R,

Mehul

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

glad to see you got it resolved. Also, something that may help is to set you logging options to Warnings.

MehulParmar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Troy,

Thanks for encouragement. Can you tell me how can we set loggin option to warning? I am new to this.....:)

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

on the very top level toolbar of your vCente Server to to AdministrationVirtualCenter Server Management ConfigurationLogging Options

0 Kudos
MehulParmar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for guiding me to that.

What could be the effect of this changes?

0 Kudos