VMware Cloud Community
juergen_thurau
Contributor
Contributor

VCB fails with Snapshot creation failed: Custom pre-freeze script failed.

Hello together,

I've got a ESX 3.5 and VC 2.5 environment. every night there will be a VCB job. 24 of 27 maschines everything is all right. 3 VM does have the same error for about 5 days without changing something.

here is the log file:

Current working directory: C:\Programme\VMware\VMware Consolidated Backup Framework\backupexec

HOSTINFO: Seeing Intel CPU, numCoresPerCPU 1 numThreadsPerCore 1.

HOSTINFO: This machine has 1 physical CPUS, 1 total cores, and 1 logical CPUs.

Using system libcrypto, version 90709F

SSLVerifyCertAgainstSystemStore: Subject mismatch: VMware vs 129.1.4.2

SSLVerifyCertAgainstSystemStore: The remote host certificate has these problems:

• The host name used for the connection does not match the subject name on the host certificate

• A certificate in the host's chain is based on an untrusted root.

SSLVerifyIsEnabled: failed to read registry value. Assuming verification is disabled. LastError = 0

SSLVerifyCertAgainstSystemStore: Certificate verification is disabled, so connection will proceed despite the error

Error: Other error encountered: Snapshot creation failed: Custom pre-freeze script failed.

An error occurred, cleaning up...

failed to prepare HE-TS-BO-TMP.kaiser.com for backup, PrepareForBackup() returned error 1

External command failed. See error above.

Exit Code: 1

Does anyone know what I might can do??

regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

Check to see if you have enough space left on the VMFS. The error specifically states error in snapshot creation. So, firs check for enough space, if you have enough space, try to manually create a snapshot on the troubled virtual machines. This should give you more clues as to the nature of your issue.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos
robc_yk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had the exact same error and could not determine the issue.

I did manage to create a snapshot through the VMware Infrastructure Client.

After some other testing, we Storage VMotioned the server to another LUN and it now works.

Perhaps some file was not correct and the moving of the storage corrected it?

0 Kudos
vmw-sfraser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The custom pre-freeze script referred to is inside the virtual machine itself. A repair install of VMware tools has been known to fix a lot of these issues, assuming there is nothing wrong with the script itself (usually found in C:\Windows).

Steve F.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.
0 Kudos