VMware Cloud Community
RyanWI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VC2.5 Idle sessions not closing?

Is there a session timeout setting in VC2.5? Our folks refuse to learn how to log out of the web console and having a lot of idle sessions is pretty normal.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sheetsb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We just upgraded to VC 2.5 and I've started seeing idle sessions appear for my account. I use the client from my workstation to connect. The sessions appear randomly and I'm wondering if there is something different with 2.5 that is just starting to show up.

Bill S.

0 Kudos
JasonV
Contributor
Contributor

Ever since we upgrade we get a lot of idle sessions, some a few days old. My guess it's because folks aren't logging out using the file/exit from the main menu. I've seen the question asked on forum ... Is there a way to close idle sessions after a certain period of time? We determined that each session opens up 10 TCPIP connections to the server. Windows 2003 has a default TCPIP stack limit of 1000 connections and we have monitored our server and saw 990 open connections. We increased the TCPIP stack and this has helped (we were experiencing VIC connection problems), but the question noted above still remains open.

- Jason

0 Kudos