VMware Cloud Community
Jonas_B
Contributor
Contributor

VC template customization - Windows Server 2008 - Not joining domain!

Hello,

VC Version 2.5.0

Build 147633 (which is 2.5U4)

I'm having some problem with my customization of Windows 2008 templates, the sysprep is running without any errors but the server never joins the domain. When I look at guestcust.log I can see that it does not even try to join the domain, no errors or anything!

My 2K3 are working like a charm and joining the domain (different customization though of course).

I've tried tons of stuff but nothing have worked so far. I am 100% positive that our DHCP is configured correctly and that the machine has an IP during customization.

I've attached guest-log here, I also attached a 2k3_guestcust.log for reference. In that log you clearly see the domain-join step after "Deleted file C:\WINDOWS\system32\sysprepDecrypter.exe"-step.

Anyone has any idea?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
krowczynski
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Well I think taht W2k8 is not supported!

MCP, VCP3 , VCP4
0 Kudos
Jonas_B
Contributor
Contributor

In 2.5 Update4 W2k8 is supported according to release notes.

Regards,

Jonas

0 Kudos
gbcvma
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jonas,

I am running into the same issue you posted. Did you ever find a solution? I currently have a case open with vmware support, but no answer from them yet.

Thanks,

Rich

0 Kudos
Jonas_B
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Sadly I never found a solution. I did not have time to reg case so I did a workaround. I added a "netdom"-script which runs via vmware customization instead. Not the nicest solution but it works for us until this problem is fixxed.

/Jonas

0 Kudos