VMware Cloud Community
orring
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VC LOG MESSAGES

Looking at the virtualcenter log C:\WINDOWS\Temp\vpx\log.txt I have the following entries, are these anything to worry about?

1.) it looks like it knows about the old ESX server name and the new one....would this cause a problem at all? See below.

SSLVerifyCertAgainstSystemStore: Subject mismatch: SDI14.gpopd02global.lloydstsb.com vs esxdsredlion016.test.lloydstsb.co.uk

SSLVerifyCertAgainstSystemStore: The remote host certificate has these problems:

• The host name used for the connection does not match the subject name on the host certificate

• A certificate in the host's chain is based on an untrusted root.

SSLVerifyIsEnabled: failed to read registry value. Assuming verification is disabled. LastError = 0

SSLVerifyCertAgainstSystemStore: Certificate verification is disabled, so connection will proceed despite the error

2.) What the heck does this mean..(same log)

Negative variance: -0.000317

Negative variance: -0.000559

Negative variance: -0.000298

Negative variance: -0.023438

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
spex
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

1) see KB 4646606

2) VMWare support told me to ignore those messages. They belong to the DRC calculation, that determines when to move a vm to another host. In our environment sometimes messages came up every 5 min.

Regards Spex

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
spex
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

1) see KB 4646606

2) VMWare support told me to ignore those messages. They belong to the DRC calculation, that determines when to move a vm to another host. In our environment sometimes messages came up every 5 min.

Regards Spex

0 Kudos