VMware Cloud Community
WesTopping
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VC 2.5 client error " Class not registered" any ideas?

Here is the full error.

Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT:0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

This is only happening to desktops at my site with the same image. Works fine on my laptop and the server. Tried a full uninstall and reinstall but same error comes up.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
WesTopping
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Has anyone else seen this? Its only happening on workstations with a certain image.

0 Kudos
harry27
Contributor
Contributor

...same problem, any solutions?

0 Kudos
tbrown
Contributor
Contributor

I also have 1 user that this is happening with, I've been searchng good but have not found a working solution as of yet.

0 Kudos
0zTeK
Contributor
Contributor

I found today that I was getting this error if I ran VMWare Infrastructure Client 2.5.0 on my machine using my normal User ID. I was also getting an error if I tried to view the console of a VM.

If I use my administrative User ID to run the software, the problem goes away.

0 Kudos
morciod
Contributor
Contributor

I have this issue now.

We did the VC 2.5 upgrade and had our admins update their clients. They were able to access VM with out issue

We then upgraded ESX from 3.0 --> 3.5. once the guest was migrated from V3.0 host to the 3.5 ESX host we encountered this problem.

Need assistance please

Debbie
0 Kudos
MK22
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue. I can't even run either logged in or "runas" administrator. I uninstalled all VM products VMware Workstation, etc. and tried a fresh install, same thing. Anybody find anything on this, I couldn't find anything in the KB?

VCP
0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

I'm not sure if this is related to your machine, does it have MS Office installed, if so try this seems to fix for everyone but check it out yourself.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

Perhaps you can read this long thread talking to same issue

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
alsinc
Contributor
Contributor

i've tried the last two "solutions" and neither of them work.

anyone have any idea on this? the client installs fine. the error shows itself after you try to connect and it's "loading main form".

0 Kudos
AIG_SunAmerca
Contributor
Contributor

You have a corrupted Regsvr32.exe file. Delete Regsvr32.exe from system32 folder and replace it with a clean copy.

0 Kudos
ashxos
Contributor
Contributor

Error :

I Got the exact reason for this error.

Previously everything was OK.

Recently I changed my User Rights from Administrator to Normal User for My Windows XP Box due to Audit. Now I am facing the same problem which you have posted.

Then I reverted back to Original Settings, i.e. Normal User to Administrator.

Conclusion : This problem is attached with User rights, nOTHING eLSE!

. : : [ [a s h X] ] : : .

.::[ashX]::.
0 Kudos
BetcoVM
Contributor
Contributor

Got this when I installed the client on a Server 2008 R2 machine using the instructions here to enable install on a 64 bit machine. Solution: Run as an administrator.

0 Kudos