VMware Cloud Community
London_Paul
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VC 2.5 ESX 3.5 (Update 2's)

Hey guys,

I installed the Update Manager on our current WSUS server. It took several attempts but finally managed to get it installed and it downloaded around 2gb of data to the hostdata folder.

When I come to install the 'VMWare update manager extension' add-on on any instance of the VI client, it comes back almost immediately with 'unable to connect to the remote server.' I scoured VMTN and somebody had the same issue, and they had two instances of Update manager installed, so they uninstalled one and voilla, issue resolved.

I don't have two instances installed, but when i look at custom attributes, I have 3 entries that look the same for.... 'com.vmware.vcIntegrity.custom......' but I can't seem to scroll further to see if they are the same.

Should I uninstall the Update manager I have, remove any custom attributes set up, and then start over?

Thanks in advance guys.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rubeck
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi Paul..

I know nothing about WSUS, but can you connect if you stop this service(s)?

Could be a conflict in trying to listen for connections using the same network ports... ? (especially TCP 80/443)

/Rubeck

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Rubeck
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi Paul..

I know nothing about WSUS, but can you connect if you stop this service(s)?

Could be a conflict in trying to listen for connections using the same network ports... ? (especially TCP 80/443)

/Rubeck

0 Kudos
London_Paul
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the help.

Looks like WSUS and VUM don't like to work side by side as I believe that there is a conflict on port 80.

0 Kudos