VMware Cloud Community
ttxn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VC 2.0.2 post installation Issues

We upgraded VC to 2.0.2 a clean way - removed 2.0.1, installed v2.0.2 from scratch, created a NEW DB and system DSN. Currently the DataCenter/Clusters/Resource Pools were created, all hosts connected without problem.

But we are unable to browse the templates we use to see under Inventory mode. I would like to ask around as well as vmware. If I know the answer I will post here.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I think you'll need to re-register the templates using the datastore browser. Right click -> datastore browser on the VMFS volume containing your templates, browse to your template, click the template configuration file and click the blue vmware logo (top left of datastore browser window) to register it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I think you'll need to re-register the templates using the datastore browser. Right click -> datastore browser on the VMFS volume containing your templates, browse to your template, click the template configuration file and click the blue vmware logo (top left of datastore browser window) to register it.

0 Kudos
ttxn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I havn't been able to follow your guide completely, I assume you mean in VI client (I use 2.0.2 b50618) I was not able to browse templates, click configuration file and find the blue vmware logo.

here is what I've tried - see if this is what you mean.

\- View, Inventory, Datastores

\- On the left size, select the storage name

\- On the right side, click Summary tab, which shows Number of Hosts Connected, number of VM, number of Templates

I found 0 on Number of Templates, when I check each of the storage. Which should not be the case.

\- If click Virtual Machines tab, right click in blank area, select Show Virtual Machines and Templates, I see VMs, but not templates.

thanks mittell....

0 Kudos
ttxn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am able to follow exactly what mittell refer to:

\- In VI client, click the host,

\- At the right side under Datastore, right click the datastore connected to host, select browse datastore

\- In Datastore Browser, click Search tab, select Templates as "Search for files for type"

\- select the template, right click, select Add to inventory, or click the vmware blue logo.

0 Kudos