VMware Cloud Community
mcmh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

V -CENTER Server On Windows 7

am trying to install v-center server 4.1 on windows 7 64 bit ultimate edition , when start to install it show the error message dialogue box that this product can only be installed on the following 64 bit OS windows xp sp2 or above /windows server 2003 windows server 2008 - but my os is included this list  becouse it is above  windows xp sp2  also it is 64 bit .y still error

I got some solution from net that to edit the Vcenter server MSI by instedit msi editing tool and change some value in lauch condition  table key I am trying to modify the value i could see the MSI is read only may be that is the reasone for not able to edit the table value

Have anybody facing the issue or any sugestion or help is really appreciable

Message was edited by: vmroyale to remove the ALLCAPS from the subject line

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It will be the same with vCenter 4.1 - no need to try vCenter 5 when you want 4

Try Orca - thats very easy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Since you are trying to install vCenter Server on a unsupported platform, I assume this is a test/lab environment!? In this case it might be a good idea to install vCenter Server in a virtual machine running on VMware Workstation or Player. If you don't have a Windows license for this you may install the vCenter Server Appliance 5 which is able to manage 4.1 hosts too.

André

continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi

I just installed vCenter 5 on Win7 64."

Copy the content of the CD to a local drive.
Open the vcenter installer MSI with Orca and drop the row that has the specified launch condition.

I would not do that for a production system though.
"Ah - I see. You run vCenter on Win7. Bye bye" may be the result of a support call

0 Kudos
mcmh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

HI ANDRE PETT

thanks i am in the test environment as you said i wanna try to install v center server appliances is it possible to do on vmware work station  which the host is running ,

0 Kudos
mcmh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Did your v center server msi shown as a read only :smileyplain: ? was it editable in your s/w

unluckly for me it shows readonly

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

did you copy the files to disk ?
did you check attributes of the file in explorer ?

mcmh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i did it  but still now .....let me try to download v center server 5 and  then try with the tool which you have used .

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It will be the same with vCenter 4.1 - no need to try vCenter 5 when you want 4

Try Orca - thats very easy

0 Kudos
mcmh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

HI conti

I tried orca and its workpretty good for me also its easy to use .

0 Kudos
dharmendra0393
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi continuum,

As suggested by you I have dropped the launc condition row in vmware vcenter installer...

Evrything will be fine for few minute but after that..Installation is getting rolled back.

could you plz help me on this.

0 Kudos
dharmendra0393
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Here i m trying to install vcenter server 5 on windows 7 64 bit machine.

My installation is getting rolled back...

0 Kudos