VMware Cloud Community
emcclend
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Using Update Manager to Upgrade to VC 2.5 U4?

I have just begun using vmware and have finally gotten the update manager to update my 4 ESX host to U3. With VC 2.5 U4 being released, I want to also update it, but I'm not sure how. I know I can download the ISO file and mount it on my my vCenter server (virtual machine) to upgrade, but I was wondering if this can be done using the update manager. I'm still a bit confused on the the different baselines and I only have the 4 that where created during the install. I'm not sure if I can attache one of the VM baselines to my vCenter server or should I create a new one. I don't need all of the other vendor updates as we already have in place an update application we use.

Any step-by-step instructions would be helpful if the VC 2.5 U4 can be done through the update manager, else I'll just be downloading the ISO file.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Update Manager works with ESX Server hosts, virtual machines, and virtual appliances running on ESX Server hosts. As you mentioned, you will need to download the ISO or ZIP and do the upgrade that way.

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com