VMware Cloud Community
samuk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Urgent Help - Vcenter Server down - can not access the ESX Hosts

Hi,

Have two ESXi hosts and one Vcentre server (virtual)

When i added the hosts into the Virtual center Server, i selected the option for lock down (i forget the actual box i selected) but it said something like on the VC can manage the Hosts???

Anyway the VC has gone off line, not sure why and i am unable to access the ESXi hosts using the VI client using the root username \ password. I get the followign error:

"You do not have permission to login to the server: servername

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mlubinski
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yes, you have to disable lockdown mode on ESXi - go to console and from options select Disable lockdown mode.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

[I]If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points[/I]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mlubinski
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yes, you have to disable lockdown mode on ESXi - go to console and from options select Disable lockdown mode.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

[I]If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points[/I]
0 Kudos
samuk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks...is there any otehr way?

As i am working remotly and not able to get to the console screen..

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Thanks...is there any other way?

not really, you need to disable lockdown mode, or get your vCenter instance back on-line.

samuk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

lol....i just installed the virtual center server...and its virtual...its crashed and gone off line.

Going to pop to the office tommrow..thanks

0 Kudos