VMware Cloud Community
Rennes
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Upgrading VirtualCenter 2.5u2 -> 2.5u3

Hello,

i want to upgrade virtual center 2.5u2 to 2.5u3. So I looked at VMware upgrade guide, I downloaded the zip update, unzipped it, lauched the autorun, and then, I got the attzached message :uninstall before you reinstall. In the guide though, they say the installer will take care of the uninstall and the reinstall. How should I do it ?

Thanks in advance,

Nicolas

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chill
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Right on the page where you download from. If you read the description,

it does include the build number. You have to log in in order to

download.

If you find this information helpful or correct, please consider awarding points.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
chill
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I can't open the error attachment. Can you please attach it again?

If you find this information helpful or correct, please consider awarding points.

0 Kudos
Rennes
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

Sure here it is, as a jpg

0 Kudos
chill
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thanks. That error usually only comes up when you are at the latest version and that there are no changes to be made. Are you sure you downloaded the correct zip file?

This is the site - . If you do confirm you have the right download. Can you attach a screen shot of the About Virtual Centre so that we can see the build number etc....

0 Kudos
khughes
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I didn't go from u2 to u3, but that jpg you posted looks like the components such as update manager/converter which it is talking about uninstalling and reinstalling for the version changes.

• Kyle

-- Kyle "RParker wrote: I guess I was wrong, everything CAN be virtualized "
0 Kudos
Rennes
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Chill : Here is the version screenshot.

Kyle : Hello, actually the message states that all the components are already installed (which is something I knew) .

0 Kudos
chill
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi that shows that you are already upgraded to 2.5 Update 3. The reason you are getting the message is that there is nothing to upgrade. You have the latest and greatest.

Rennes
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

THANKS ! That's relevant ! Where did you find the current version number of Virtual center ? on the web page, it is stated : Log in for build number

-

VMware VirtualCenter 2.5 Update 3 (includes Converter Enterprise)

Latest Version: 2.5 Update 3 | 2008/10/03 | Build: Log in for build number.

Download | Release Notes

-

even though I'm logged on.

0 Kudos
khughes
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

DVD ISO image that is the installer which includes VirtualCenter 2.5 Update 3 (build 119598)

You can find that information when you go to the actual download page where it gives you a list of options to choose from. I just Copied that out of the DVD .iso option

• Kyle

-- Kyle "RParker wrote: I guess I was wrong, everything CAN be virtualized "
chill
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Right on the page where you download from. If you read the description,

it does include the build number. You have to log in in order to

download.

0 Kudos
Rennes
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks guys, and have a good weekend !

Nicolas.

0 Kudos