VMware Cloud Community
Jinxy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Upgrading VC 2.5 Update 1 to Update 2

Hello all, apologies for the NOOB question but I just want to clear my head.

Do I have to go through a full re-install using VC 2.5 Update 2 to upgrade from my current version which is 2.5 Update 1.

Is there a patch installer for this that I am missing, also has anyone done it and had any issues. i am happy sorting the ESX side out but have worries over my Virtual Cnetre stuff going up the swannie.

Any help appreciated

Cheers

H

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MrBaba
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

like he said save DB and after run the iso and upgrade using the old database.

keep you're licence server andd all selecting custom application.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I typically like to go through the upgrade process using the .iso. It's a pretty straight forward upgrade. I would backup my DB first. During the install just make sure not to wipe the database and remember the permissions for the upgrade.

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1003052

0 Kudos
gary1012
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Full install versus upgrade isn't a big deal. Either way should work. You must ensure that you have a clean backup of your VC database prior to any upgrade/reinstalls. This is the key. If I recall right, there's a db schema change between the versions so having the backup is real important.

Community Supported, Community Rewarded - Please consider marking questions answered and awarding points to the correct post. It helps us all.
0 Kudos
MrBaba
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

like he said save DB and after run the iso and upgrade using the old database.

keep you're licence server andd all selecting custom application.

0 Kudos
Jinxy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cheers all for the replies, put my mind at ease that I wasn't missing something.

JUST BACKUP LOL

Much appreciated.

0 Kudos