VMware Cloud Community
QuintusD
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrade VCenter 5.5 Windows to VCSA 6.0 port issue

Hi all,

I am trying to upgrade/migrate our VCenter 5.5 Windows server to VCSA 6.0 and I'm getting stuck at the Migration Assistant pre-checks with one particular error. I've googled extensively but can't find the actual problem. I hope someone can shed some light for me.

The error i'm getting is this:

Error: The source system is configured with custom ports that are unsupported for the target appliance. Unsupported custom ports found: HTTP Port <81, default 80>

Resolution: Change source system ports to default values.

I then went into Vcenter and changed the WebService.Ports.http value from 81 to 80 (and also changed the default website port from 80 to 81 as vcenter service wouldn't start otherwise) as I thought this was the issue. After a server reboot the error persisted with an additional error: Unable to fetch or parse VC URL from VCenter ServiceInstance!

I then changed the ports back and am back at the lone error which I mentioned first of all.

Has anybody else seen this happening? I did another vcenter environment a few weeks ago and didn't have this problem at all.

Thanks In Advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
marcoscaxias83
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

I Have the same issue here.

Any solution ?

Marcos.

0 Kudos
QuintusD
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Marcos,

No, I have unfortunately not found a solution yet.

Will post on here if I find something, but there is literally no information out there on this issue. It looks like we'll have to build a new appliance and configure everything from scratch, but I hope this won't be necessary!

Quintus

0 Kudos
_gm2
Contributor
Contributor

I also had this issue with vSphere 6.0 Update 2m. I found that the following registry value was still set to my custom port number despite having already been changed in the vSphere client.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware VirtualCenter\HttpProxyPort

I changed HttpProxyPort to 80 and restarted the vCenter Server service.

(NOTE: The usual caveats apply when making changes to registry: Backup your registry first and use caution)

When I ran Migration Assistant again all pre-checks passed and I was able to successfully complete migration.

0 Kudos