VMware Cloud Community
erich81
Contributor
Contributor

Updatemanager UpdateProblem

Hello community,

I have a different problem with the Updatemanager (VirtuelCenter + ESX 3.5)

There are a lot of answers for the problem with the "metadata download failed" but all this, did not resolve my problem!

The updatemanager works fine for UNIX Updates and VirtuelMachine updates but not for the ESX Updates.

I get only the errormessage (metadata download failed) when I try to download the ESX-Updates.

It is strange because the download started and after 7updates its over and i get the error message! so there is no missconfig on the updatemanager or esx or firewall!

my opinion is that the next download what is try to download on the vmware-page have not the content.xml include so the updatemanager can´t go further and brings the error message!

I have no solution for that!

but I have a workarround that you can use your updatemanager! because it is hard to install every update on every ESX-host without the updatemanager!

so have you exact the same problem?! here the workarround

download all updates from " " extract the zipfiles to the patchfolder from the Updatemanager!

normaly it is the path " C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VMware Update Manager\Data\hostupdate\esx\esx-3.5.0 "

if you finished with that, restart the updatemanager service!

as next use your baseline what you create and check your hosts for updates!

that its! after this you can remediate the updates on your host!

have luck and sorry for my bad english!

erich

0 Kudos
0 Replies