VMware Cloud Community
vancod
Contributor
Contributor

Update packages download location in Update Manager v4?

How do I change the default download location for Update Manager v4? (please don't point me to links that talk about editing an XML file - that is not part of v4).

I just want them to download to a specific folder in My Documents. Why is this somewhat critical and disk hungry process so hidden?

For that matter - what is the default download location?? I thought it was off of "My Documents" - but I see nothing there. I know they went somewhere because I've lost 4GB of disk space..... It looks like it might be "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\VMware\VMware Update Client\packages\*" but I'd like confirmation

0 Kudos
2 Replies
schepp
Leadership
Leadership

My Updates are stored in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VMware Update Manager\Data\"

Didn't find a way t o change it yet Smiley Sad

vancod
Contributor
Contributor

Well, it appears that I have data in both locations. There's about 177MB in the Administrator folder, and 4.4GB of data in the "All Users" folder. I have my Update Manager configured to download ONLY ESX updates, and I have a mix of hosts running both ESX and ESXi.

The ESXi downloads alone total over 1.5GB.... for an OS that takes up 700MB of a USB key... ???

Where is this thing documented?? I have all of the docs for ESXi 3.5.3 and the only mention of the Update Manager is a single instance where the basiscs of the plug-in are described.

0 Kudos