VMware Cloud Community
Dentifrice
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Update Manager not showing up

Hello,

I had virtual center 2.5 (no updates) installed without update manager and converter.

I updated VC2.5 to update 3 and at the same time, I added update manager and converter in the setup.

Now I have a problem. I go in Manage plugins in VIC. I see both converter and UM as available.

I start the setup of converter. Close VIC,open it again, Manage plugin, installed TAB, it's there. I enable it and it works.

Now I do the same procedure for UM. Install it, close VIC, open it again, open Manager plugin menu, UM is still shown as available ! And nothing in "installed" tab.

So it seems VIC dosen't detect that UM is installed.

I tried it on the VC server and on 3 others computers. Same thing. I uninstall everything about 20 times, did a lot of test. NOTHING

Is there a known issue with update 3 and UM ?

Do you have a idea or solution ??

thank you !

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chill
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Have you tried just uninstalling Update Manager? And then install it again. This worked for me in order to get it going. I had everything installed and everything worked but UM. In order to get it working I only uninstalled UM and then reinstalled and it worked great after that. (except that the plugin unloads all the time). But I'm sure <grin> that VMWare will come out with a patch for this soon.

If you find this information helpful or correct, please consider awarding points.

If you find this information helpful or correct, please consider awarding points.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
chill
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Have you tried just uninstalling Update Manager? And then install it again. This worked for me in order to get it going. I had everything installed and everything worked but UM. In order to get it working I only uninstalled UM and then reinstalled and it worked great after that. (except that the plugin unloads all the time). But I'm sure <grin> that VMWare will come out with a patch for this soon.

0 Kudos
Dentifrice
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you so much !

Now it works ! I can't believe it was so simple. I was spending my time of the client side and it was the server.

thanks agani !

0 Kudos