I have upgraded to vCenter Server with an embedded Platform Services Controller version 188.8.131.52200. The service your update manager is there and running, however to normal way to access the feature is not there. The update tab for the hosts is also missing.
Any help would be much appreciated!
Can you check the update manager plugin showing in vCenter. Check with following steps.
1. Login to vCenter via Web Client
2. Click on Home
3. Click on Administration
4. Click on Client Plug-in
I followed the instructions in the link provided, and that doesnt seem to have worked. I get the following error.
Error deploying plug-in. java.io.IOException: Cannot create: /etc/vmware/vsphere-ui/cm-service-packages/com.vmware.cis.vsphereclient.plugin/com.vmware.vcIntegrity.vcIntegrity-184.108.40.206977/com.vmware.vcIntegrity.vcIntegrity-220.127.116.11977.esa com.vmware.vise.extensionfw.impl.sandboxing.EsaBuilder.createTempFile(EsaBuilder.java:203)
It shows 2 new Plug-Ins but they are both N/A and they have a Deployment status of Failed
I'm checking the logs. However, I have some questions
1. what version to what version upgraded?
2. VMware Update manager earlier running on orginal vcenter or using seperate update manager server?
3. what procedure you follow to upgrade the vCenter?
1. From vCenter 18.104.22.168100 to version 6.7.42200
2. Running on same vCenter (embedded)
3. From the Appliance Management UI the Update section.
I also took the working vCenter with the Update Manager plugin, copied all the files in /etc/vmware/vsphere/vspere-ui/cm-service-packages/com.vmware.cis.vsphereclient.plugin and replaced them with the not working vCenter with Update Manager. The only difference between those 2 vCenter servers in that folder is the not working vCenter has a folder in that location of com.vmware.imagebuilder.imagebuilder-6.7.