VMware Cloud Community
Rohail2004
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Update Manager database

How can I make sure that Update Manager is using the VIM_UMDB database under SQL 2005. I have two databases listed in SQL, but I think Update Manager is using VCDB database and I don't want update Manager to use that database. How can I do that? thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DennisBray
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You can confirm the DSN that is in use by checking the registry: HKLM\Software\VMware\VMware, Inc.\VMware Update Manager\DB: The login, DSN name and client type are all listed. Assuming you used a separate DSN from vCenter, this should help you verify.

If you need to verify the DSN then you can check: HKLM\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\<your DSN name here>. The "Database" string value has the name of the SQL database that is the target of the DSN.

Dennis

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DennisBray
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You can confirm the DSN that is in use by checking the registry: HKLM\Software\VMware\VMware, Inc.\VMware Update Manager\DB: The login, DSN name and client type are all listed. Assuming you used a separate DSN from vCenter, this should help you verify.

If you need to verify the DSN then you can check: HKLM\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\<your DSN name here>. The "Database" string value has the name of the SQL database that is the target of the DSN.

Dennis

0 Kudos