VMware Cloud Community
AKlausing
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Update Manager Client Plugin - Installation Issue

Hi,

after installing VC 2.5 U3 I just encounter the following problem on different client machines:

I install the VI Client from scratch or do an update (makes no difference) and then install both the

Converter and the Update Manager plugin.

After restarting the VI Client the Converter plugin is marked as installed and by clicking the checkbox

it gets enabled and everything is fine.

Not so for the Update Manager Client. It still says "not installed" and shows me the installation button.

But when I click the button and the installation starts again it asks me for "repair, uninstall, change". So

the msi did install correcty with the first installation.

It just seems that the Vi client doesn't recognize the plugin or something like that.

I tried this on Windows XP SP2 and SP3 and also on Vista SP1.

Any suggestions on that?

Thanks for any ideas,

Andreas Klausing

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chill
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Try uninstalling just VMWare Update Manager and reinstalling. It seems to get stuck sometimes and a fresh install by itself usually works.

If you find this information helpful or correct, please consider awarding points.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
chill
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Try uninstalling just VMWare Update Manager and reinstalling. It seems to get stuck sometimes and a fresh install by itself usually works.

If you find this information helpful or correct, please consider awarding points.
0 Kudos
AKlausing
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

thank you for the fast answer. Uninstalling the Update manager Server really did the job.

Now I can install and enable the Update Manager Client and the Patch DL just started and

seems to work fine.

Cheers,

Andreas Klausing

0 Kudos