VMware Cloud Community
RajuVCP
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Unable to view Hardware status.

Hi All,

Am using esxi 4.1 with vcenter 5.0 , but when i click on each host and go to hardware status i could not see any thing. the message i get there is

"No new host data available. Data will be updated in 5 minutes"

even after 5 minutes nothing happens, i refreshed that page, clicked on update nothing happens,

after googling i came to the below link. which status you should have permissions. But here i have the full previleges, am the administrator of vcenter and host.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=103545...

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=1030536&sl...

Does any one came across this, Please help in this, as i need to monitor and check Hardware status of the server also whether any hardware have any issues.

Regards

Raju Gunnal

Raju Gunnal VCP 4, VCP 5, VTSP 4, VTSP 5, ITIL V3 http://www.techtosolution.com
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pablonunes
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Guys, i found the solution. At least it's working for me. I dont remember the website, but it was half correct, it was missing one step.

1- Stop vCenter inventory service

2- Delete all content of C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Inventory Service\data

3- Go to C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Inventory Service\scripts\ and run createDB.bat

4- Run register.bat with your servername. register.bat fqdn 443

5- Start vCenter inventory service.

And thats it!

My environment: VCenter 5 updated from vCenter 4.1. Same host, same name.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Moved to more approriate forum = 

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
tejam
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm experiencing the same problem.  After upgrading from vCenter 4 to vCenter 5 (but host remains for now as ESXi 4.1), I can no longer view the host hardware status.  I tried the steps recommended in KB 1030536 to no avail.

Does the host have to be upgraded to ESXi 5 as well in order to communicate hardware status to vCenter 5?

Any solutions or suggestions welcome!

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Kudos
Elan67
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just the same issue here, except that I upgraded hosts to 5.0 too. Where is the more appropriate forum section?

Thanks

0 Kudos
lombardialess
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I Have the same issue with Esxi 5 and the last patch, my 2 hosts are HP DL385 G7 witch offline bundle installed.....anyone can help?

0 Kudos
pablonunes
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I also have the same problem. vCenter 5 updated from 4.1 and I can't see the hardware status, "no new host available"...

0 Kudos
pablonunes
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Guys, i found the solution. At least it's working for me. I dont remember the website, but it was half correct, it was missing one step.

1- Stop vCenter inventory service

2- Delete all content of C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Inventory Service\data

3- Go to C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Inventory Service\scripts\ and run createDB.bat

4- Run register.bat with your servername. register.bat fqdn 443

5- Start vCenter inventory service.

And thats it!

My environment: VCenter 5 updated from vCenter 4.1. Same host, same name.

0 Kudos
lombardialess
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes Yes Yes!

This was the solution also for me! Thank you very much! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
FrozenPea
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks pablonunes! That worked great.

0 Kudos
gparker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This worked for me too, thanks Smiley Happy I also had to bounce the vCenter Server Service too.

0 Kudos