VMware Cloud Community
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Unable to enable convertor plugin with update 1

I have upgraded VC to update 1 but I am unable to see the convertor plugin, I have uninstalled/reinstalled it above 5 time to no avail, it shows as installed but the button does not appear in VC next to update manager, has anybody else had this problem - if so how did you cure it.

0 Kudos
30 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Some additional pictures, I'm really lost now!

0 Kudos
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

Did you select the default install action when you did the install? I also ran this twice, and I got mixed results as well. However, when I ran the custom install with the capacity planner piece checked, the button does show up. As you say, though, this is not good on VMware part to work this way.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Again built a new server, new instance completely, still no consolidation button, I have rebuilt 6 times on 6 different servers in everyway possible still rubbish install, this is really mega annoying, nightmare, I'm well not happy to be honest and give up... nasty nasty build version I am skipping update 1 and will not be deploying it period - why is Vmware not releasing any help on this.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Ok I think think that maybe this functionality is no longer available as other people I have spoken to also have this button missing, if you have installed Update 1 of VC and have this button can you post a jpeg of it.

0 Kudos
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

Here's mine.

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
admin
Immortal
Immortal

oh no..... I need to pop to Boots the chemist and buy some hair growth hormones as I've ripped all mine out.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Am i missing something in the licence file?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Found the answer

In update 1 it appears Consolidation is not enabled so I navigated to c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application data\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter\

and removed the following lines from the vpxd.cfg file and rebooted the server.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

RTFM, they seemed to have changed the defaults from installed to not installed maybe!

0 Kudos
reeksk
Contributor
Contributor

nice one, that did the trick

0 Kudos
Rockapot
Expert
Expert

Nice one..., i spent age's trying to get it working... SP updates, reboots etc... and then i came accross this article.. Smiley Happy

all fine now...

Carl

0 Kudos