VMware Cloud Community
Oletho
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Unable to connect Eaton IPM to vCenter 5 (login failure)

I have two sites each covered by an Eaton UPS.

First site has two vSphere 5 hosts forming a DRS/HA cluster, second site one vSphere 5 host. All managed by the same virtualized vCenter server running in the cluster.

After installing IPM I am unable to make it login to vCenter. It actually does install the plugin, but after that the log shows "Error on the VMware connection" once a minute. Details are "Host 'vcenter': cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password".

In the vCenter log i have

2012-02-28T16:35:52.947+01:00 [03452 info 'Default' opID=74ff386e] [VpxLRO] -- ERROR task-internal-4524 -- -- vim.SessionManager.login: vim.fault.InvalidLogin:
--> Result:
--> (vim.fault.InvalidLogin) {
--> dynamicType = <unset>,
--> faultCause = (vmodl.MethodFault) null,
--> msg = "",
--> }
--> Args:
-->
--> Arg userName:
--> "domain\domainadmin"
--> Arg password:
--> (not shown)
-->
--> Arg locale:
-->

I have tried several accounts that I know for a fact works with vCenter, in the form of USERNAME, SERVERNAME\USERNAME and DOMAIN\USERNAME.

Any help will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
raj196
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Oletho,

could you please follow below steps.  1. Disable HA.  2. Disconnect hosts from VC.  3. Restart both agents on ESX.  4. Remove vpxuser from ESX.

If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"
0 Kudos
StoneLund
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Did you managed to solve this? I have quite the same problem. I enter the credentials to the vsphere client, though i get the error on the vmware connection. In the vsphere client, i get this strange error saying: User cannot logon since the user is already logged on. I have created a new user in our active directory with the administrator role for the eaton connection,

0 Kudos
Oletho
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

No I never got it solved.

The system was shipped to a customers remote office, and haven't had my hands on it since.

0 Kudos