VMware Cloud Community
ksmith58
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to add host into VC 2.5u3

I had 2 hosts I was trying to add into VC. When I tried to add them, it said that it could not because not enough licenses.. I had forgot about that, so I activated the 2 licenses and generated a new lic file with all the correct number of licenses. At this point, both ESX hosts were listed in the cluster i wanted them in, but they were disconnected. I stopped VC service, and the license server service. I copied over the new lic file and started the license server. I then restarted the VC service. I logged in using VI client and told it to connect the first host. It connected the host fine. I then went to connect the second and I get a msg saying that the host is already being managed by the IP of the VC server. It asks if I want to continue and any previous connection to a VC will be lost. I say yes, and it tries to connect, but then says that it's already connected to the VC. It leaves it in disconnected status. I then try to connect and it prompts for a password, then bascially just comes back with the same error.

I've tried to say remove on the host, and readd it then, and it's the same thing. I even rebuilt the host.. and it still has same error. I think its somewhere in VC that it's hung.

If i remove it from the VC and look at the vpx hosts table, it does not show the host. but as soon as i try to add it, it says that it's already managed.

Anyone have an idea how I can get it to connect?

I've restarted the VC server many times also.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ksmith58
Contributor
Contributor

Today I even tried powering off the ESX host, and with the host off, trying to add it. Even with the host off, it says it's being managed by another VC. So something in VC is hung...

0 Kudos
ksmith58
Contributor
Contributor

Figured it out.

0 Kudos