VMware Cloud Community
dmilazzo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to add ESX vSphere 4 server in Cluster

Good evening to all

I just completed the installation of 2 servers vSphere 4 Essential Plus Edition. Completed installation of vCenter and configured the datacenter, I hooked the host ESX server vCenter and created a new cluster with features of HA.

When I drag one of the two ESX servers in the cluster the progress bar stops at 84% and then I receive the following error:

Configuring HA name_esx.domain

Can not complete the configuration of the HA Agent on the host. See the task details for additional information. Other HA configuration error.

System

vcenter.domain

10/21/2009 10:13:09 PM

10/21/2009 10:13:09 PM

10/21/2009 10:27:18 PM

Assuming I have a licensing problem i configured everything in evaluation mode but nothing did.

I do not understand where it may be the problem.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

try restarting the management agents and try again. Also, if you have no running VM's on the Host, add it to the cluster in maintenance mode and then exit maintenance mode once the host is in the cluster.

>service vmware-vpxa restart

....also, what happens if you try "reconfigure for ha"?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

try restarting the management agents and try again. Also, if you have no running VM's on the Host, add it to the cluster in maintenance mode and then exit maintenance mode once the host is in the cluster.

>service vmware-vpxa restart

....also, what happens if you try "reconfigure for ha"?

0 Kudos
dmilazzo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot it worked perfectly. was enough to add to the cluster hosts in mantenaince mode and then exit it by mantenance mode when configured within the cluster.

Thanks again

0 Kudos