VMware Cloud Community
wmrios
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to add Content Library using NFS URL

Hello all,

I am trying to add a content library but want to use an NFS URL as the storage backing for the content library but unable to do so.  I can mount the NFS export as a datastore without any issues but when I try to add the content library using NFS URL, I get the following error:

A specified parameter was not correct:
Error creating NFS mount nfs://xxxx.xxxx.com:/ContentLibrary for library f39eb00d-4b18-474e-95aa-1f72c6d63a7e.
Reason: mount.nfs: trying xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx prog 100003 vers 3 prot TCP port 2049; mount.nfs: trying xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx prog 100005 vers 3 prot UDP port 300;
mount.nfs: mount(2): No such device; mount.nfs: No such device; mount.nfs: timeout set for Wed Mar  8 15:53:07 2017;
mount.nfs: trying text-based options 'addr=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx'; mount.nfs: prog 100003, trying vers=3, prot=6; mount.nfs: prog 100005, trying vers=3, prot=17

I am running vCenter Server Appliance version 6.0.0.2000.  I have added the vCenter IP as a client and root client on the NFS export.  I have other NFS exports on same system mounted as datastores without issues.  I can ping the NAS cluster from vCenter and vise-versa.

I have Googled the issue with minimal results.  Seems everyone uses a datastore to create Content Libraries.  Anyone had any luck adding a content library with an NFS URL?  I have engaged support, but they have not been very helpful so far.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello wmrios,

Have you provided r/w access to the NFS share.

Thanks,

MS

0 Kudos