VMware Cloud Community
gbnut
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to Remote Console any VM's on a Host

A colleague has configured a host on another site, we are unable to remote console any of the VM's on that host. I can SSH the host and telnet port 902, there is no firewall between the sites. Can anyone think of any other reason why I cannot connect. I get the following error:-

Error connecting: Cannont connect to host xxxx: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

Thanks

James

0 Kudos
5 Replies
wobbly1
Expert
Expert

check also that ports 903 and 443 are open

0 Kudos
gbnut
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've checked I cannot telnet port 903 on the host, 443 is open. I have confirmed that there is no firewall in-place between the sites

Thanks

0 Kudos
wobbly1
Expert
Expert

in VC adjust the timeout values to see whether it is just too slow in connecting..

vc > administration > virtualcenter management server configuration > Timeout Settings

I'd try 3 minute timeout values and then reduce them until you find the ideal value

0 Kudos
gbnut
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, Rebuilt the host in the end and can connect fine now.

0 Kudos
nsolop
Expert
Expert

In order to solve this you have to set vmauthd.server.alwaysProxy = “TRUE” at the /etc/vmware/config filein order to solve the error

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

Saludos/Regards

Nicolas Solop

Buenos Aires, Argentina

-

Mi empresa

Mi perfil en LinkedIn

Grupo de Virtualizacion en español de Linkedin

-

0 Kudos