VMware Cloud Community
MarkGeorge
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to Free License

Hi,

I removed one of our hosts from our VCenter server and for some reason the license is still being allocated? When I try to readd the host back in it won't let me select the license and as a result I'm unable to add it back into our VCenter. Any ideas how I can resolve this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
piaroa
Expert
Expert

Try restarting the VMWare VirtualCenter Server service. (if vCenter 4+).

If this post has been helpful/solved your issue, please mark the thread and award points as you see fit. Thanks!

If this post has been helpful/solved your issue, please mark the thread and award points as you see fit. Thanks!
0 Kudos
MarkGeorge
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Restarting the service doesn't seem to do anything. Tried a complete reboot as well Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
piaroa
Expert
Expert

Check this out for a lot of troubleshooting tips:

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=101083...

0 Kudos
MarkGeorge
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unfortunately that's not really helpful as the asset isn't showing up in the license manager so I can't remove it.

0 Kudos