VMware Cloud Community
RunLevelZero
Contributor
Contributor

Traffic shaping on ESX4

Well I am not sure exactly how to ask this but what I need is to setup a VPN server that will throttle the traffic to equal the T1 we are going to route the traffic through. It appears on ESX 2.5 and older that it was a per VM setting. Now it has changed to the virtual switch. I don't have the foggiest idea how to start this setup :). It appears I need to create a port group? I am hoping that you guys can stear me to docs or something because the help file just shows how to enable it. Not how to configure it per say. We have one DvSwitch and it has 24 vlans on it. That is the only way it's configured atm. I hope I have provided enough info to get started.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Check out the networking section of http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vsphere4/r40/vsp_40_esx_server_config.pdf

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
RunLevelZero
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone else have something that is not 244 pages long like the last link :). I would not think this would be such a hard or unique request. If this has been answered somewhere else please simply point me to it if you would be so kind. I would appreciate it.

0 Kudos