VMware Cloud Community
billmathews2013
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thoughts on Web Client vs Tradition Client

I'm planning a migration from vCenter 4.0 to 5.1.0a.  I have a test 5.1.0a environment setup to experiment with, and so far I like the web client.

I was just wondering what the community thought about the web client vs the traditional client?  Do you find one to be faster than the other?  Are there any pros/cons for either method (other than the obvious software install vs browser).

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello and welcome to the communities.

For me, the web client's flexibility is great. Any OS with a supported web browser can now have a vSphere Client. The fat client is on the way out too, so a con might be getting too attached to it at this point. Smiley Wink

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mcowger
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There are still a few things the web client doesn't work with yet (VUM, most vendor plugins), but I suspect that will change over the next few months.

I wish it supported mac for console viewing.

--Matt VCDX #52 blog.cowger.us
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello and welcome to the communities.

For me, the web client's flexibility is great. Any OS with a supported web browser can now have a vSphere Client. The fat client is on the way out too, so a con might be getting too attached to it at this point. Smiley Wink

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
billmathews2013
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Good points, thanks guys

0 Kudos