VMware Cloud Community
montril21
Contributor
Contributor

This host is currenlt being managed by virtualcenter with IP xxxxxxx.

Hi,

I had VM infrastructure client 2.0 installed on my XP SP3 system. Recently got VM IC 2.5 onto system and getting the below msg when trying to connect to a server.

" This host is currently being managed by virtualcenter with IP xxxxxxx. Changes made to this host during this session will not be reflected in the client sessions currently viewing virtualcenter"

kindly let me know how to overcome this.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
runclear
Expert
Expert

The message you are seeing is correct.. its warning you that any changes you make may not be saved.... b/c the host your connected to has been connected to (managed by) a VirtualCenter (vCenter) server...

So I'm guessing that you fired up the VI Client and connnected (logged into) the esx host itself... when in fact you should point the VI Client to your VI server and then login...

-

-------------------- What the f* is the cloud?!
0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

In some cases you might need to connect directly to your ESX host if VC server is not available, but this warning is just saying its being manage by your VC server so if you confirm it and it will allow you to continue and manage from it directly. Most cases, you want to manage your ESX configurations through virtual center server as its a centralize management components.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

Slight correction here. The changes will be saved. They just won't be reflected properly in VirtualCenter. At least not until certain things are freshed on the vCenter side. For example, you can go directly to an ESX host and modify networking. But, if you're managing through vCenter, those changes won't show up until you go into vCenter, pick the server where you made changes, go to networking, and click refresh.

-KjB

VMware vExpert

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

Thread moved to a more appropiate forum

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

Tom Howarth VCP / vExpert

VMware Communities User Moderator

Blog: www.planetvm.net

Contributing author for the upcoming book "VMware Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment”.

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos