When running VI Client 4 or 4 U1, on Vista SP1 x64, I get the following error message.
The type initializer for threw an exception for 'VirtualInfrastructure.Utils.ClientsXml' threw an exception.
and the VI Client exists.
Any ideas, I've found similiar with users running on Windows 7, I've followed those treads, but it still gives me the error message, VI Client used to work, but has stopped.
I know this is an old thread, but I don't see anything more recent and relevant, so I'm adding to it.
I had this exact error when attempting to log into ESXi 6.0 from the vsphere client, and was able to resolve it by ensuring that the TMP/TEMP folders were available. In my case they were not, due to those folders being on a RAM disk that is not reliably created when Windows boots on this machine.
i had the same issue, solved it by disabling UAC on Windows 7
I tried this because of a error in the log file: System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1)
Hello All, I am getting the same error.
VirtualInfrastructure.Utils.ClientsXML threw an exception
I am running, or attempting to run VMWare vSphere Client 6.0.0 on Windows10 to ESXi 6.0.0 host.
When starting vSphere Client it takes several minutes to actually start but eventually I get the GUI and attempt login to my target IP adddress, userid=root and passwd.
It just sits there for a long time (again, several minutes) before throwing error listed above.
I have created the TMP and TEMP directories as someone mentioned, did not work for me.
I have disabled UAC, and the Windows Firewall, rebooted - still nothing.
I have tried vSphere 5.5.x and it performs the same way.
Now, I can use PuTTY (SSH) and FireFox browser to get to the ESXi host without any problems or delays.
Any help/suggestions are appreciated.
We started having the same issue today and even with the vpshere Thin client we would get the same error message. I believe it is issues with our antivirus program, and found false positives that must of started recently. Here is what I found (see the link below). While this is not a solution, it is a workaround I am using for right (disabling antivirus) so that I can launch the client. Not recommended or ideal, but nothing else I tried work.
Many thanks miscindiana!
The one thing I did not try was disabling the antivirus software. Did that (AVG) and ESXi and vSphere are working now.
Windows 10 Pro x64, started having the same issues. Glad to say, your solution worked. Disabled AVG and the client launched normally and I was able to login. I had been beating my head over this for weeks. Thanks again!
Had the same issue on one of my Server 2008 R2... I just re-run vi client as Administrator and it worked
Starting the below dot3SVC service worked for me in vSphere@Client 6.0