VMware Cloud Community
adithya_bhat
Contributor
Contributor

The request refers to an object that no longer exists or never existed

I have VC 2.5 newly installed. This has two clusters created, One cluster has ESX 3.0.2 servers and 2nd cluster has ESX 3.5 servers. Now the problem is after when i upgrade a host from ESX 3.0.2 to ESX 3.5 i add it into the 2nd cluster and i cannot enable DRS on second cluster, I get "The request refers to an object that no longer exists or never existed" error if any VMs are geting migrated within the second cluster.

I have recreated the entire cluster and readded the hosts nut i still have this error. But When DRS is disabled on the Cluster Vmotion works fine.

Someone Please help....

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Parndorfer
Contributor
Contributor

I ran into the same issue during Fast Track training. I ended up putting the hosts in maintenance mode. Removing them from the cluster, deleting the cluster, re-creating the cluster (with a different name, not sure if that matters or not), enabling only DRS when I re-created the cluster. After I saw that I could power on hosts, I then added the HA option in the cluster and everything worked out fine.

I hope this helps.....

0 Kudos
adithya_bhat
Contributor
Contributor

It got resolved only after i upgraded my VC into update1 for VC 2.5. Rest all circuss did not resolved my problems. I think this is a kind of bug which has got fixed in Update 1 of VC 2.5

0 Kudos
Cameron2007
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

try to find the datastore where the VM sits then remove from inventory. If you then go to the datastore and find the vmx file and re-register this te machine should appear back in the inventory as avalid object

0 Kudos