VMware Cloud Community
jslarouche
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The VMRC console has disconnected.. attempting to reconnect

Seeing this error on my Virtual Center client while tryign to get to the console.. We are running Virtual Center 5.0 Build 455964

Anyone now how to fix it?

68 Replies
DaneC1963
Contributor
Contributor

I happen to have the VMPlayer on my client as well as the vSphere Client. When I get this error with the VMware client, I noticed that (although the app wasn't running) in taskmanager, I have 3 processes running for vmplayer. I end those processes and the problem with the client goes away.

0 Kudos
gkpyeung
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks, your workaround fixed my problem....

Work-Around 2 Use VMware Guest Console

Download and run VMware Guest Console > Connect to to a host or vCenter, and you can access the guest machines consoles from there.

O/S : Windows 8 with Bing  ....

0 Kudos
JLackman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

After reading some of the suggestions, the EASIEST solution is probably to just kill all of the "vmware-rvmrc.exe" processes you have running, restart the client and it should work.

Works every time I've had to try it.

0 Kudos
hokie21
Contributor
Contributor

Killing "vmware-rvmrc.exe" didn't work for me.

I updated to VMware vSphere Client 5.0 Update 3 (VMware-viclient-all-5.0.0-1300600.exe). This solved the problem for me. I can now successfully access the VM console with ESXi 5.0 and Windows 10.

0 Kudos
khingfiles
Contributor
Contributor

Kill the process VM... in the task manager

then try again

0 Kudos
matt_usa
Contributor
Contributor

Just to add another data point;  I'm having this problem myself now, and so far rebooting my workstation where I'm running the vSphere client seems to resolve the issue, at least temporarily. I've tried killing and restarting local processes and services and so far haven't found the right ones, but rebooting so far has worked. 

0 Kudos
max08
Contributor
Contributor

I have this happening on any computer trying to access a vCenter cluster running 5.0.  Windows7/10/w12, local, remote, VPN so unless the client is fubar'd on everyone of those machines it has to be something else.  Tried killing processes, rebooting even restarted vCenter server service to no avail.  This used to work so no idea why it stopped.

In the end I had to install the latest 5.0.0-1300600 client on every machine to get it working again. 

0 Kudos
huguesV
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks mwpreston, that was a quick fix Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
NRay
Contributor
Contributor

The resolution to the issue is been provided in the KB: The VMRC Console has Disconnected. Trying to reconnect

0 Kudos