VMware Cloud Community
rdavies79
Contributor
Contributor

The Storage Service is not initialized. Please try again later

We are running VMware ESX4 U1 and V Center 4 U1. When clicking on Storage Views and/or Update in this screen in V Center we are getting the following error message

The Storage Service is not initialized. Please try again later and An internal error occurred while initializing the storage service.

From what I understood this issue was meant to be fixed in U1 however we are still experiencing this problem.

I have tried refreshing the datastores and rescanning and restarting the services. We have also rebooted our hosts and V Center. I have checked the logs are it was recommended to check sms.log on V Center in one KB article. I have atatched this here if it is of any interest.

There seems to be very little information about this so thought I would post this here in case anyone else has had the same issue and resolved it

0 Kudos
2 Replies
roconnor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, did you get a fix for this ?

0 Kudos
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

When you check the vCenter Service Status in the vClient, is the Storage Management Service down? If so, try if that works (it did it for us):

I granted the user who logs on with the vClient to the vCenter server "Act as part of the operating system" user rights on the vCenter server.

AWo

VCP 3 & 4

\[:o]===\[o:]

=Would you like to have this posting as a ringtone on your cell phone?=

=Send "Posting" to 911 for only $999999,99!=

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
0 Kudos