VMware Cloud Community
dalo
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Temporary disable a user

I Would temporary disable a Active Directory user that has access to our vCenter.

I tried with "no access" on the root VC level, but that doesn't works. Also disable the user in SSO is not possible for AD user as this is possible for local users. Remove the user in the AD from the groups with the Rights is also not a possible solution.

Any other Ideas?

Thanks, Daniel

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dalo
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thank you both. But, as I wrote I tried this already, also with propagate. At the root vCenter level this has no effect, even with propagate.

But I found now the solution: add the user with "no access" to both, vCenter root AND the Datacenter with propagate, this works immediately. (This is a VC 5.5)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
snj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Please refer the below link.

VMware vSphere 4 - ESX and vCenter Server

SS
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

While assigning permission, pickup that user account, and assign role 'No Access' directly at vCenter level with Propagate to Children being ticked.

this should do the job.

No need to change the group membership for that account, as permission assigned directly to user overrides privileges given that that user by any group based permission assignment.

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
dalo
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thank you both. But, as I wrote I tried this already, also with propagate. At the root vCenter level this has no effect, even with propagate.

But I found now the solution: add the user with "no access" to both, vCenter root AND the Datacenter with propagate, this works immediately. (This is a VC 5.5)

0 Kudos