VMware Cloud Community
GTMK
Contributor
Contributor

Templates remain in disconnected state

Hi,

I just noticed that all of my templates which are bound to one particular ESX host appear in VC as disconnected. Everything else appears to run smoothly, and I can't find suspicious entries in the logs. The VC events show that at some time during the night every VM and template on that host became disconnected. The VMs reconnected just a few seconds later but the templates did not.

It is of course possible that there was a transient problem with the network (at that time nobody was there who could have pulled the cable).

Why are the templates not reconnected, and what can I do to reconnect them?

Thanks, Georg.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
radhika1780
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

check the log files in C:\WINDOWS\Temp, named vmware-serverd.log and vmware-vpxd-SYSTEM-.log file.

GTMK
Contributor
Contributor

There is nothing particular in the logs that I haven't seen before. Anyway, restarting the VC Server Service reconnected everything.

Georg.

0 Kudos
marvinthebassma
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have the same problem on one template.

Do you have a solution ? I tried to remove the folder but it says "unable to communicate with the host, since it is disconnected"

But the host is connected and the rest is working fine.

Martin

0 Kudos
dvg
Contributor
Contributor

First disconnect the host in Virtual Center (rightclick on host, disconnect), then reconnect (rightclick on host, connect).

VM's and templates will be connected afterwards.

0 Kudos
George_B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks worked for me. Templates disconnected after a HBA re-scan.

0 Kudos