VMware Cloud Community
espi3030
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Templates (disconnected) ?

Hello all,

I have several templates that have recently become (disconnected). They reside on SAN LUN's that have other templates that are ok, I cannot remove these disconnected templates to readd them. I can browse the datastore and see all the template files there just fine, when I right click on a template the only option available is Add Permission. When I tried that I was not able to add a ESX host local account it prompted me for a domain account. I can SSH into the ESX host that has this template and try to register there but I get some weird Invalid Datastore error, but like I mentioned before there are other templates and VM's on the same datastore running fine.

Has anyone ever had any similar issues? And what can I do about this? Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

try to restart the vpx agent of the host(s) that the templates reside on. This is a common thing, not quite sure why it happens, but usually restarting the vpx agent fixes the problem

at the console:

service vmware-vpxa restart

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

try to restart the vpx agent of the host(s) that the templates reside on. This is a common thing, not quite sure why it happens, but usually restarting the vpx agent fixes the problem

at the console:

service vmware-vpxa restart

0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yeah, let me guess you restart the VC service, and that's when it occurred, right? This happened to us, so the only way I could fix it was to put the host in maintenance mode, disonnect the host from VC, and readd it. Since the templates are disconnected, they shouldn't reappear.

Not a very clean way to fix it, I know but I couldn't figure out how to remove the templates either, even when the datastore they were on didn't exist... This needs to be fixed...

0 Kudos
espi3030
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Troy,

That was exactly it! The only thing I can think of that happened was our DB closed the VIC because the transaction log was full. Anyhow, problem solved... Thank you.

0 Kudos