VMware Cloud Community
dharmendrarhce
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Template sharing in different environment

Hi ,

We have 3 Env DMZ , Test and prod .. I am looking for a best way to share my VM Templates across these environment .

How can i make central place where i upload my all data and all vcenters can access that  ?

any help

4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You can either use the Content Library if you're on vSphere 6.x, or you can use a central NFS export and store all your templates there. Such a "utility" datastore can then be mounted by all ESXi hosts across all vCenters.

dharmendrarhce
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

To use content library .. all Vcenter should communicate with each other right ??

But we have DMZ , so DMZ vecenters can not communicate with other env vcenters .

For NFS ..I am not sure but , does this also have same restrictions ??

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

For Content Library, yes, the subscribing libraries would need to be able to contact the source library. For NFS, all ESXi hosts must be able to contact the same NFS mount. Otherwise, you'll have to use a replication technology to reach your DMZ environment.

0 Kudos
Sreejesh_D
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

not mandatory, you can create a 3rd party content library and point the vCenters to that. Following article has details on how to build a 3rd party content library.

https://www.virtuallyghetto.com/2015/06/creating-your-own-3rd-party-content-library-for-vsphere-6-0-...